Karma Eve

Karma Eve
Karma Eve

Friday, September 17, 2010

Erotic Artists Unite!

As a creative soul you learn early on that you're different from what I like to call the 'Normies."
Normies are normal people.
Creative people that are reading this are beginning to shake their heads in agreement because they not only understand the difference, they live it.
Now, add a twist to it and imagine being the creative soul of an erotic artist. Aww damn! You knew I was going somewhere with this. Come on, let's walk and talk...

From a previous blog I've written, you already know some of the challenges of being an erotic artist can come from people who have held on to their virgin status even though they have children. Erotic artists can be labeled as a freak or nasty for all the wrong reasons. We don't mind being freaks or nasty but the reason behind it has to be good...real good!

Then there is another challenge we face and that challenge comes from some of our own...Yes, OTHER erotic artists not being down for the cause. You would think with us being in such a small community and fighting the same fight, we'd be a little more understanding and supportive of one another. It's rare if you meet an erotic artist that is willing to share information, tips or even the same stage with another E.A. (erotic artist) without it being an issue. Why is that?

I once emailed a well known E.A. telling them who I was, what I had done so far and asked a question hoping to get an answer as well as them saying, "Good luck." Or, "Keep doing what you're doing." Or, "Stay focused, it's hard out here for artists like us." Or even, "I hope to see you perform in the future." I did not get a response at all! Was that too much to ask from someone whose work that I had at one time admired and whose career I had once followed? I had spent my hard earned money to help get them where they are.
I know, I know, maybe my email got lost in that black hole that swallows up everything that we find important to only ourselves. Maybe they never read it and it was actually read by their personal assistant or someone else on their team. Maybe they sent me a reply but their response got caught up in that black hole that swallows up everything that they find important to them. Or maybe I'm such a star within my own rights that they were afraid to give me advice for fear I'd use it and shoot far and beyond where they were like a rocket to the moon! Okay, maybe not that last one but anything is possible. Right?

I know or have friends who know E.A.'s who states they're tired of other E.A.'s not being supportive or acting like they don't exists. Keep in mind, all erotic artists aren't the same. We are not all going to write, paint, or perform the same. We each have our own unique style and just because one artist's style doesn't match up with yours does not mean they are less of an artist. It just means they are bringing their own flavor.

Anyway, I believe we all need words of encouragement and sometimes getting those kind words from someone who has walked that mile in the shoes you're wearing let's you know the path you're on is worth every step. I truly believe in what some call, paying it forward and karma, literally and figuratively. I believe in giving good advice to those who come to me. I believe in passing on information such as a websites, an idea, a person's name or anything that may get them a step ahead. I believe in taking the time to talk to someone and encouraging them to share their gift and to keep moving forward. If they get ahead of the game before I do, that is how God meant for it to be. I hold my right hand high and I say aloud, I AM NOT A HATER! I AM AN EROTIC ARTIST APPRECIATOR!

To all Erotic Artists, show other Erotic Artists some love. Stop thinking that someone is going to steal your spot. If you're worried about that then you need to up your game, don't you think? Let's unite because we have the rest of the world to conquer! To show that you're ready to turn over a new leaf, go out and buy my book, Erotic Bloom and tell your other erotic loving friends to get it too. Hey, you have to start somewhere.

Erotically Speaking,
Karma Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment