Karma Eve

Karma Eve
Karma Eve

Monday, December 5, 2011

6 Reasons to Enjoy Being Single

Before I became a wife I was single just like so many other single people out here. Now that I’m married I always get comments from both men and women how lucky my husband and I are to have one another and be married. That’s fine and dandy but I get tired of single people acting like they need a prescription for their singleness. I always tell single people to enjoy their single life while they can because once you’re committed you’re going to miss a few things from these solo days.

Here’s a list I created that hopefully will shed a new light on your single life.

Love your space in bed:
If you want to lay spread eagle in your bed as you hog the covers, tuck the pillow under your feet and snore loudly with your mouth wide open, you can do that without the worry of disturbing your mate

Splurge and Save:
How do you splurge AND save at the same time? You don’t, but it’s YOUR money and if you want to spend your entire check on a bag full of assorted pointy Madonna bras you can. Or if you want to pinch your pennies so tight they scream out in agony, guess what? You can do that too! You don’t have to have anyone else that will make you be accountable for what you do or do not spend. When you’re broke it’s your fault or when you’re rich it’s your luck as well.

It’s right there:
It is right where you last left it even if you did leave it there over 3 weeks ago. That old sock, that sweater that fell behind the couch, that crusty plate under your bed, that $5 dollar bill on top of the fridge, trust me it’s right there and no one is around to move it but YOU!

You are your responsibility:
You are only responsible for you and no one else. How cool is that? You don’t have to worry about someone else’s opinion, feelings, money, thoughts, property or anything else. It’s all about you so enjoy

Discover you:
Find out who you are and what you like when you’re single. It’s difficult to discover all of your likes, dislikes and your personality when you try to be in a committed relationship. Get all of that out of the way now

Like your alone time:
Don’t look at it as being lonely. I had a single friend that always said, “I don’t like being by myself.” My response to her was if you don’t like being alone with yourself, no man is going to want to be alone with you either. She’s still single to this day. Appreciate the time you get to spend with yourself and the next person will too
Erotically Speaking, 
Karma Eve

2 comments:

  1. Now these are good reasons to be single for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Reggie, if folks put it in perspective they can love their life while being single. I understand both sides of the fence (single and being in a relationship) has its moments, but single people need to stop complaining and have fun!

    ReplyDelete